AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc
Tell us a little about yourself?
I've spent 30+ years in the Healthcare industry including roles as nurse, Medical and Pharmaceutical sales, 24-hour product support and training, Medical Revenue Cycle Consulting, Payer Contracting, Physician Practice/Clinic Budgeting and Finance.
I'm married, have 4 children (teens/20's) and enjoy singing, tennis, golf, biking, kayaking and downhill skiing.
What are 3 words to describe your company?
What does a typical day look like for you?
A typical day includes tactical work and strategic review and strategy across these areas:
1) Clinic Budgeting and RCM oversight and review of processes that impact it, including Patient Services and new care initiatives. Denial review and performance communication to Service Line Directors and Executive Team.
2) EMR/EHR/Billing training and process enhancements to streamline workflow and reduce AR issues.
3) Payer Contracting, Issue resolution, and oversight of Clinic and Provider Credentialing/Enrollment.
4) Pharmacy Credentialing, PSAO AR Management.
5) Pharmacy 340B Database management and reporting.
6) Audit support - Coding, Clinical, Pharmacy, Financial
What is on your wish list for the next 10 years?
A cure for HIV/AIDS and a reduction in new cases.
Continued support of health care insurance for all Americans.
Streamline Payer Credentialing/Enrollment requirements. In a multi-specialty clinic, this is a huge administrative burden and most payers are inefficient in their approach.
If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
Clean water & food
You’re happiest when?
My family is healthy and happy.
Why did you join HFMA Wisconsin?
Access to front-line Healthcare RCM education and dialogue.
Bruce Lorenz, Chair