Aurora Health Care
Tell us a little about yourself?
I am originally from Dearborn, Michigan and moved to Milwaukee 7 years ago this April. I currently live in West Bend with my husband, Matt. My undergrad degree is from Central Michigan University in Political Science. I previously worked for a Michigan State Senator, but realized job security was tough. In May 2017 I obtained my MBA concentrating in Healthcare Systems Management from Mt. Mary University. I have been working in the healthcare field now for 15 years. I recently decided to help co-chair the membership committee and assist with the mentor/mentee program so I look forward to getting more involved within HFMA.
What are 3 words to describe your company?
• Patient Focused
What does a typical day look like for you?
I am new to Aurora as of December. I currently lead a team of 19 individuals who handle some manual self-pay payment posting, but a majority of their work is related to self-pay refunds. A number of my team members have worked for the organization for 10-30 years so they know their job very well. That means a lot of my day is spent making sure everything continues to run smoothly and building relationships to collaborate on special projects.
What is on your wish list for the next 10 years?
• I would like to move into a manager role within the next 2-3 years.
• Build my presence with the HFMA - Wisconsin Chapter.
• Increase my networking circle.
• Taking advantage of continuous improvement/educational opportunities.
• Start a family
If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
• My closest family and friends
• A good book
• Sunscreen … I always tend to burn
Any random facts you could share with us?
•I live in a house divided: I am a Detroit Lions’ fan and my husband is a diehard Green Bay Packer’s fan
•Currently my husband and I have three bucket lists going that we are trying work on:
o Visiting all the US State Capitol buildings
o Attending a game at all baseball stadiums
o Venturing to local breweries while we are in each city.
You’re happiest when?
• Surrounded by my closest family and friends
• Succeeding on a task or concept I was previously having trouble with
• Assisting others
Why did you join HFMA Wisconsin?
• I am looking to learn from other leaders so I can be successful in my current and future roles.
• Networking is a huge part of my life. I feel everyone we come into contact within our lifetime teaches us something about ourselves.
Katie Boelter, Chair