Recorded Sep 12, 2017 12:00 PM CDT
Top Reasons the IRS Will Audit You
In this presentation attendees can learn how over the years, the IRS has been using data analytics to gauge Form 990 risks, and the agency is starting to audit tax-exempt entities based on those findings. Join BKD for a discussion on determining the risk associated with an organization’s Form 990 and how to be proactive instead of reactive.
Brief outline of the presentation:
1. IRS data analytics approach to Form 990
2. IRS FY work plan
3. IRS focus
4. Form 990 risk items
• Discuss the IRS fiscal year 2016 Exempt Organization Work Plan
• Describe the risk areas of IRS focus
• Identify Form 990 risky questions that could pose issues for organizations
CFOs and financial personnel at tax-exempt organizations
Presented by Mike Engle from BKD
501(r) (6) - ECA & Creating Collection Policy - Learn the Requirements to stay Compliant
Description : The Affordable Care Act (ACA) added new requirements that hospitals must comply with to keep their tax-exempt status under 501r. Many hospitals have yet to make these changes because the final regulations clarifying certain details were just released in December of 2014. The presentation will be an overview of the 501r 6. You will learn:
1. What are the NEW Extraordinary Collection Actions (ECA)
2. What are NOT ECAs
3. How to Notify of “intended” ECAs
4. Application Period Suggestions
5. Suggestions for 501r Compliant Collection Policy
This topic will be presented by Shawn Gretz, Vp of Sales at AmeriCollect
501r 5 - Amounts Generally Billed (AGB) Topic Area: IRS Regulations
Description: Amounts Generally Billed – Who, What, When, Where, and How We will review the IRS regulation 501(r) with particular attention to the calculation and implementation of AGB. By the end of the session, participants will:
• Know how to calculate AGB for their facility and when it should be applied
• Understand various options and examples of how the proposed regulations might be applied at their facility and other facilities
1) Know which charges and services are to be included in the regulation
2) Know how to calculate AGB
3) Know what should be done and by when
Who is the intended audience?: Patient Financial Services Managers, Accounting, CFOs
This topic will be presented by Brian Stephens, CFO Ministry Door County Medical Center
501(r) (4) - Updating your Financial Assistance Policy - Learn the Requirements to stay Compliant
Description:The Affordable Care Act (ACA) added new requirements that hospitals must comply with to keep their tax-exempt status under 501r. Many hospitals have yet to make these changes because the final regulations clarifying certain details were just released in December of 2014. The presentation will be an overview of the 501r 4.
Learning objectives (minimum of 3): You will learn:
1. FAP Requirements: Possible Additions and Required Additions.
2. Plain Language Summary: What is it and how to create it.
3. Widely Publicized: What are the Requirements.
4. Emergency Medical Care Policy: Requirements
This will be presented by Shawn Gretz of Americollect
The Patient is Now Your Third Largest Payer
Description:Hospitals are now dealing with a major new player in the payment of hospital bills. That new payer is their patient. Never before have patients carried so much of the cost of their healthcare. Starting with high premium, high deductible health care plans offered by employers and ending with the increasing cost seniors must pay out of pocket for Medicare patients are owing the hospital over 40% of the receivable. Hospital administrators will learn what it takes to obtain what is owed to them by the patient. It involves a significant amount of time, energy and re-engineering of their current behavior in dealing with their patients.
1.Learn how to "flip the norm" within the current patient receivables hierarchy.
2. Define the seven key areas of cash leakage in the hospital
3. View how technology alone is unable to solve the patient receivable problem.
4. Learn how advocacy, teaching and mentoring can increase cash
5. See how to transform the patient financial experience in your hospital and increase patient satisfaction scores.
This webinar will be presented by Niel Veriup, from Patient Matters
Strategies for Success for Medicare DSH post-ACA
Description:This presentation will focus on the importance of providers actively managing the Medicaid and Medicare membership in their patient populations. With the advent of Healthcare Reform, the importance of the Medicaid population for all providers continues to increase geometrically as the proper reporting and management of this population has material tangential effects in the areas of Electronic Health Record reimbursement, Federal/State disproportionate share (DSH) payments, 340B programs and Uncompensated Care reporting.
By utilizing patient population intelligence, providers can benefit from increased governmental reimbursements and assist their patients in qualifying and maintaining enrollment in the State and Federal healthcare/financial programs they are entitled.
Attendees of the presentation will learn strategies to:
I. Pro-actively manage the eligibility of Medicaid and near-Medicaid members to optimize reporting of this key metric in the Post-ACA Federal DSH environment to include:
o S-CHIP (TXXI) to Medicaid conversion
o Retroactive changes in eligibility
o Medicaid churn management
II. Gain visibility into utilization and membership trends for they key demographic cohort.
III. Integrate Medicare eligibility and enrollment status with Medicaid for dual-eligible member management.
IV. Manage the reporting and updating of key Uncompensated Care metrics into the CMS Medicare Cost Reporting database for prospective UCP payments.
The presenter for this webinar will be Robert F. Gricius, Chairman, CEO and founder of NAVEOS
Implementing an Effective Denials Management Program
Description: This session will provide tools to help identify the root cause of your denials within your revenue cycle. You will learn the reasons for denials, what are your top claim adjustment reason codes and how to identify the root cause of the denials. Who is the intended audience?: Hospital CEO, CFO, COO, marketing and strategy staff, board/trustee Brief outline of the presentation: Planning Ten Years Out: Knowing Your Hospital’s Market
Today's presenter will be: Marie Murphy, CHFP, Health Care Consulting Manager, with Eide Bailly
A Deeper Dive into MIPS: The Merit Based Incentive Payment System on Jun 14, 2016 12:00 PM CDT at:
During this webinar, we will dive deep into the complexities of implementing the proposed MIPS requirements. The Merit Based Incentive Payment System, a quality payment program designed to reimburse eligible clinicians for care provided to Medicare beneficiaries through four performance categories begins in 2019. Each of the four performance categories will be dissected, including their relation to each other as well as what organizations need to begin doing now to prepare.
Description of the goals of the presentation:
1) Describe what MIPS is, and how the existing quality incentive programs under Medicare are impacted.
2) Describe measurement under the four MIPS performance categories, including proposed scoring in the implementation year of 2019.
3) Identify 5 key steps organizations should take before the end of the year to ensure they are prepared for MIPS performance measurement
1.Learners will be able to explain the four performance categories of MIPS and the percentage of the overall composite score for each in 2019.
2.Learners will be able to identify key actions to take before the measurement year begins on January 1, 2017.
3. Learners will gain a solid understanding of the overall MIPS program and its proposed trajectory of moving fee for service to value based payment.
Targeted Audience: CFO's, VP& Director of Revenue Cycle, Director of Quality Control and Assurance, Practice Administrators
Today's webinar will be presented by:
Penny Osmon Bahr, CHC, CPC-I
Health Solutions Director of Avastone Health Solutions